Scaredy Squirrel at Night is just one of the many books in the Scaredy Squirrel series. While I'd recommend any of the books, this one stands out for it's emphasis on the importance of sleep.
Sleep etiquette is so often overlooked and undervalued in it's importance in mental health and overall wellbeing. Scaredy Squirrel at Night tackles that head on.
Those side effects are so simply, yet beautifully laid out. Plus, those side effects are not restricted to children, they even happen to us parents.
But don't worry (spoiler, sort of), there is a section on the side effects of getting enough sleep.
When you read this book, here are some talking points:
- What helps you feel calm and relaxed?
- Do you see how Scaredy is trying to stay up, what keeps you up at night?
- When you feel tired, where do you feel it in your body?
- How can you tell you are tired?
- Have you had bad dreams? What made you feel better?
After you have had a conversation about sleep, you and your child can fine tune their bedtime routine to better ensure a good nights rest.
You can most likely pick up a copy of Scaredy Squirrel at Night at your local bookstore, if not, Amazon is always an option.